Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chapter 1

I figured since the web page I had with the YouTube version to show flow of the action and the music, the Revver version to show how the text relates to the action and the text to show the details and the emotions that covered all the bases together is down I was thinking that I could have this blog as a backup until I get the web space again. It won't be as good as doing it in Flash but at least if I do it like I had it at City of If, then I don't have to worry about it being deleted for lack of activity.






Minerva awoke on her cloud, and stretched languidly; as she did, her wings fluttered shaking out any loose feathers. She sighed, another perfect day in the Elysium Paradise. As she walked down the long spiral steps, Minerva surveyed the crowd in the Feasting Hall of the Heroes Reward and contemplated her morning duties.
After serving the hordes of warriors food and drinks, she proceeded to give them the rewards they so richly deserved for their brave accomplishments. Those deeds must have been unusually glorious since the new crop of heroes were very vigorous in expressing their valor repeatedly for them. It was very good thing she was quite limber to withstand all the positions they requested and the stamina they revealed stretched the limits of her endurance. Passion was a virtue most heroes possessed in abundance and they expressed it very deeply for Minerva in a very physical fashion.

By the time the end of her shift arrived Minerva was exhausted and headed to the baths to soak and relax her aching muscles. When Minerva arrived at the spa tubs, her friend Circe was there sprawled in the Jacuzzi with the jets going.
She lowered herself into the soothing waters with a blissful sigh and said "That's just what I needed after all the gymnastics I've been put through today!"

Circe squeezed out her long, lustrous black hair and replied "I know I certainly did after all those Greeks that insisted on that many water sports, it's hard for me to feel clean again!"

Minerva pouted and told her "I'm not sure that opening up Elysium to all those who had performed sufficiently heroic deeds was a good idea, Just because you're brave or skilled enough to accomplish something like that, doesn't mean you've learned manners or wisdom."

Circe winked at her and said "But it sure provides stamina, and that's got to count for something, right?" Suddenly she frowned and asked "Somehow I'm sensing that you're not taking all the pleasure, you should in your job, is there something wrong?"

Minerva's halo dimmed and her wings drooped. She shook her head, she lamented "I don't know, I'm not feeling the ecstasy I used to over my duties. Servicing others needs in that way just doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I feel like I'm just going through the motions and it's lost all the intimacy for me."

Circe leaned over and hugged her. She told her "There, there, how bad can it be with all the pleasures, you enjoy? Elysium is the most beautiful paradise on the Ethereal Plane, you're providing a very useful service that is necessary to the all the functions of the operation of this place, you're one of the most enthusiastic and seductive houris here who is the best at her job. What more could you ask for?"

Minerva sighed and rested her chin on her hands "Well some more variety for one thing, it's getting so mechanical, like going through the day by rote. I want something more challenging that will stretch my abilities"

A faraway look appeared in Circe's hawklike eyes and the temperature of the water rises in the tub. "I'm having a vision of a vacancy appearing in the Guardian Angel Branch. If you really want something challenging you could apply to Odin for the position, but that would mean giving up all the comforts and pleasures of your duties here."

Minerva frowned as she considered "It would be a challenge alright, but Guardian Angels get such tough assignments under the most difficult conditions. I'm not sure I'm qualified or could handle such responsibility"

Circe nodded "I would consider very carefully what you truly desire before giving up all the advantages of your life here. You don't want to get involved in all the pressures of being a Guardian Angel and find out how cushy you had it here. Why risk all those regrets?"

Minerva contemplated her decision and told her "I'll think long and hard about it before I do anything"

No comments: